But I thought I'd show you how I went about it and any extra thoughts I had about the project.
What you will need:
- Old CD's
- Christmas scrap paper
- mod podge
- hole puncher
- Scrapbooking letters and embellishments.
1. Trace around the CD's with pencil and cut out with scissors. You will need enough pieces of paper to cover both sides of the CD's. Depending on what word you want on your banner will depend on how many CD's you will need and how many pieces of paper you will need. Eg I used the word WISH, so I needed four CD's and eight circles of scrap paper.
2. Glue the circles of paper to the CD's with Mod Podge.
3. Put a whole in each of the CD's. I used a whole punch but the CD got stuck in the punch each time so I had to get my hubby to lever each one out with a screw driver. I have since found out that you can get special and cheap hole punching tools for such a purpose. So maybe try that instead!
4. Stick your letters on and add any embellishments you want to each CD.
5. Cut some ribbon long enough so that you can tie a knot at each CD, so they stay in place when they are hung up.
And HEY PRESTO, you have a Christmas Banner.
I loved making this as well as my CD Christmas decorations, which you can see here. Now don't forget, I am on the lookout for any DIY stars or angels for the top of my tree so feel free to hit me with your suggestions!