Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday 19 November 2012

Crafting up a Christmas Angel...

SHhhhh... but it is a rare moment whereby both my boys are asleep at the same time!!! So, I thought I would do a quick post, showing my latest creation, while they are still in the land of nod!

In my last post, I was looking for ideas for Christmas tree toppers, and seeing as you all were either too shy, too slack or just didn't have any ideas yourselves, I had to do a little research of my own. So I started at the only place there is to start in this technological world and that is of course Pinterest. It did take me a little while but I did find a gorgeous little angel to have a go at and I found her here.

So this pretty little angel is now sitting on the top of our Christmas tree and I am so happy with how she turned out..


(I did change the design of the wings from the original Angel I found on Pinterest. I just cut out one piece of paper in the shape of a big love heart and stuck that on to the back of the base cone, which I think looks pretty good if i do say so myself!)

It wasn't as hard as I thought it was going to be so why not give it a go yourself.

Now I have to go because I just heard my littlest munchkin stirring for a feed - dang - no cup of tea in peace!

x


9 comments:

  1. Very sweet! You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love that paper you've used for the angels dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute and whilst I am not any kind of sewing crafty person, I could give this a go. Thanks for the inspiration. Today I was showing my 3 y o GD a very dilapidated tree angel belonging to my late aunt, so yours tonight has been lovely to see as well. Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Thanks for linking up with FYBF! Don't forget to add the FYBF button :) Cheers, Grace :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to have 5 minutes peace isn't it? Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is gorgeous.
    Me and my sons made angels this week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your comments! It means a lot to me! I had the paper left over from christmas last year so it was good to get it out again and have a play! I think all angels wether new or old have their special meaning to the people that they belong to.

    ReplyDelete