Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 11 November 2012

Back from a beautiful holiday!

I have finally decided to get back on the blog bandwagon after a bit of a holiday break with my little family and to get back into the swing of things, I thought I would show you some of the fun we had while we were away!

The main reason we were going to Melbourne was for a friends wedding, which took place on a Friday, so we left home on Thursday and we all survived the plane flight with hardly any tears (from any of us!!). 

We stayed in a little apartment about an hour out of the city and it was an awesome location. We had some gorgeous shops and some delicious restaurants right at our doorstep.

I was so excited to see my friend on her big day and she didn't disappoint - she looked absolutely stunning. I was also excited to spend a night out with my husband and without the kids and catching up with some wonderful old friends. It was a really great day and night!


While we were in Melbourne we hired a car, which was the best thing we ever did, (seeing as how we were so far out of the city) and were able to go on some great 'day trips'. It's amazing how much holidays are so much more about fun for the kids now!

We went to the Melbourne museum, where my husband enjoyed the rock exhibition and my son loved the dinosaurs and childrens' part of the museum. I didn't really get to see too much of anything because I was too busy making sure our eldest son didn't try and climb T-Rex!

We went to the Botanic Gardens which were soooo gorgeous. It was so calming and peaceful and I was in awe of some of the beautiful big old trees! I find trees so interesting with their branches reaching out as if they are protecting their territory. 


We took a trip to the Dandenongs and had a ride on Puffing Billy, an old steam train with open air carriages. This one was mainly done for our son but I am going to admit it - it was really, really good! My son also loved it which is always a bonus!!!

 
And of course their was good food while we were away and plenty of 'coffee and cake' stops. Here is just of a snapshot of the heaven we were in...


After literally having our cake and eating it too, it was time to come home. Although we had a the best time away, we were definitely ready to come back to our own creature comforts. We were starting to get cabin fever in both the apartment and the car and as my husband says 'I am looking forward to seeing some long views again'! 

So now we are home again, and it's a nice to place to be, even if we have to do our own cooking and cleaning again....


No comments:

Post a Comment