Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday 16 November 2012

Christmas is coming...

I can't believe it is halfway through November already!! This year I am really excited for the Christmas season, mainly because my eldest son is starting to get to the age where he will start 'getting' the whole festive time!

We have put the Christmas tree up already...

... I had this big plan that we would put it up while watching the Pageant on television. Unfortunately my son lasted 10 minutes watching the pageant and wanted to go outside! So we put it up the next day and my son helped a little with handing me the ornaments while I placed them so lovingly and perfectly on the tree to make it look like the trees you see in the magazines ;)

I do love going through the decorations and getting out all those special ones that you get each year - handmade ones from friends, special baby's first christmas trinkets and beautiful bought ornaments from my mum that she gives us kids every year.

This year I have two more gorgeous ornaments to add to the collection.

The first one is this cute little pewter Christmas Keepsake sleigh from Mister Minit.


 All of their ornaments come with FREE name engraving and gift pouch, so I will be getting my second sons name engraved on it to symbolize his first Christmas. Check out their website here to see their range of ornaments plus a whole lot of other great gift ideas especially for those a little difficult to buy for!

The second new ornament going on my tree this year is one that I made myself after looking on Pinterest for some christmas decorating ideas.

It's amazing what you can do with an old CD...


I got the idea for this DIY here. Stay tuned in the next couple of days to see how I did this cool decoration, as well as my own CD christmas banner.

So Christmas is definitely on it's way and I am planning to do a bit more DIY christmas fun. I could however, do with your help -we don't have a Christmas star/angel for the top of our tree yet, so if you have any DIY suggestions I would love to hear from you.

x

Linking in with Twinkle in the Eye for Flash Blog Friday...


3 comments:

  1. I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Christmas but my kids are still too young to really understand what's going on. I can't wait until they're old enough to go out to a tree farm and enjoy all the other traditions.

    That sleigh is so cute! It's my son's first Christmas this year so I need to start looking around for a keepsake ornament. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to go and get our xmas tree from a farm and it was such a big deal but as we got older and my parents got busier we would be getting the tree only a couple of days before christmas so it was time to go plastic!

      Delete