As I said at the start of Blogtoberfest, I wanted to do up an old set of dresser drawers I have that will give my youngest sons bedroom a new lease of life! So little, by little I am getting there and have started with the drawers knobs.
- First of all I started with the wooden drawer knobs and painted them with a red acrylic paint. I had to do about three coats to get good coverage over the wood grain.
- I then got some scrapbooking rub-ons and rubbed them carefully onto the knobs with the wrong end of a paint brush.
- I then used Mod Podge matte to varnish the knobs and make them a bit more durable.
- And this was my final product...
So stay tuned to see the rest of the drawer knobs making a starring role on my newly painted dresser drawers in the coming days...