Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday 16 January 2013

Birthday Celebrations

As I said in yesterdays post, the last week was mostly lovely but busy because of both Mission Toilet Train which you can read about here and also because my Boy turned 3.

We had both a family gathering and friends party to celebrate the milestone...

There were pancakes for breakfast...


There were presents to play with...



There was cake to be had...



And more cake to be had...


There were friends to share the cake with...


And then there was a concert from the next Tommy Emmanuel...

It always seems like so much work but the Boy really enjoyed himself and that is what is all about in the end. Isn't it?

x

P.S linking up with Twinkle In The Eye for Wordless Wednesday.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your big guy! Those are some great cakes. I am really curious as to how that first one was made.
    Would love for you to stop by and link up at Wordless Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi and thank you for visiting! The first cake was a cookie icecream cake. So i had to basically make two really enormous choc-chip cookies. I a round tin pan and the bottom and then baked the top in the same pan after, and then let them cool on a wire rack. I then used about 4 litres of softened icecream and put it in the same pan and put in the freezer til it was set properly. When it came time to eat it, I just had to assemble the cake. One huge cookie on the bottom, the refrozen icecream and the other huge cookie on the top! I hope this helps. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. My middle child just turned 3 and is also recently toilet trained, don't they grow so fast! I love the guitar pic. And two cakes, how lucky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly do! He loves his guitar - and the moves that go with it are priceless! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. What a fun-filled birthday!

    ♥ aquariann
    Featured Photo: Woman Statue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jess
    Embarrassing moment for yesterday….
    Seth is wanting to put rubbish in the outside bin, which I need to bring in after collection, I however am dressed, but have a towel on my head, so I carefully scan the road before darting out to collect it…what I didn’t count on was Warwick turning onto the road…so I catch a glimpse of him waving as I am desperately trying to hide behind the wheelie bin…won’t be doing that again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess!
    Hope you're travelling well and 2013 has been good to you so far. It's been so fun journeying with you (and your cute boys) on instagram and twitter.
    I'm just popping in to let you know about a little #reverb-like blog challenge my friend Meredith and I are offering from August 21 to 31. It's called August Moon and it looks all set to be magic!
    We'd be so excited if you joined us. You can find out more here: http://www.katmcnally.com/p/august-moon-13.html
    Take care,
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete