Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday 16 June 2012

A new beginning

I have just realized I have spent the last 6 months with my head in a toilet bowl (literally)! I seem to know little about news events...some husband in Brisbane has just been charged with his wife's murder... um what murder? ( No disrespect intended). And what is all this talk about a book titled '50 Shades of Grey'? All i have seen lately is 50 shades of my breakfast coming back up to say hello!


So with the help of some anti-vomit medication (hopefully), I am trying something new to keep me from sliding further into an exhausted pregnancy depression. This new beginning will with any luck not only lift your spirits but mine as well!


So to coincide with the title of this blog I decided to do just that at home too! I made a Blue Ribbon cookbook sultana cake, with the help of my keen 2 and half year old son. 
It actually turned out to be quite fun getting my son to help. There was mess and a little frustration but overall, we survived! I really enjoyed seeing the interest and eagerness for the next job on his face. As well as licking the beaters together!!!
Although we had to cut the burnt bits from around the entire cake, the middle was actually really nice! 


Unfortunately I don't think it would have run any Blue Ribbon prizes, but my husband said the sultanas were evenly spread so i think he was impressed. So maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment